Chevrolet nets record global sales in Q3
Detroit (US), October 21, 2013
Chevrolet sold a record 1.25 million vehicles around the world in the third quarter of 2013, up 0.6 per cent over the same period in 2012, and the brand achieved its 12th straight quarter of year-over-year increased sales.
Overall, General Motors Company posted sales of nearly 2.4 million vehicles in the third quarter, registering an increase of 5.5 per cent over the same period last year.
“Chevrolet is focused on delivering technologies and features in every vehicle that add value and enhance the vehicle ownership experience,” remarked Alan Batey, the senior vice president of Global Chevrolet.
“In the third quarter we were able to attract more consumers to the brand thanks in large part to the launches of several new vehicles including the Corvette, Silverado, and Spark EV.”
"In the Middle East, Chevrolet is connecting with more customers thanks to the strongest product line up in the brand’s history," said John Stadwick, the president and managing director of General Motors Mideast operations.
"With the launches of the all-new Chevrolet Impala and all-new Silverado light duty pickup, I am confident that Chevrolet will continue to perform well for the rest of the year," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers