Chevrolet nets record global sales in Q3
Detroit (US), October 21, 2013
Chevrolet sold a record 1.25 million vehicles around the world in the third quarter of 2013, up 0.6 per cent over the same period in 2012, and the brand achieved its 12th straight quarter of year-over-year increased sales.
Overall, General Motors Company posted sales of nearly 2.4 million vehicles in the third quarter, registering an increase of 5.5 per cent over the same period last year.
“Chevrolet is focused on delivering technologies and features in every vehicle that add value and enhance the vehicle ownership experience,” remarked Alan Batey, the senior vice president of Global Chevrolet.
“In the third quarter we were able to attract more consumers to the brand thanks in large part to the launches of several new vehicles including the Corvette, Silverado, and Spark EV.”
"In the Middle East, Chevrolet is connecting with more customers thanks to the strongest product line up in the brand’s history," said John Stadwick, the president and managing director of General Motors Mideast operations.
"With the launches of the all-new Chevrolet Impala and all-new Silverado light duty pickup, I am confident that Chevrolet will continue to perform well for the rest of the year," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise