Top car makers to be awarded in Sharjah
Sharjah, October 21, 2013
Top car makers will be recognised at the Middle East Motor Awards 2013, to be held in Sharjah on October 29.
The winning cars for each of the 18 award categories including ‘best supercar’, ‘best sedan’, ‘best hatchback’, ‘best SUV’ and the ‘car of the year,’ will be announced at the ceremony to be held at the Al Majaz Waterfront.
It follows a seven-month-long voting and assessment process by a jury of expert automotive journalists from 10 Middle Eastern countries. Cars were nominated based on various criteria such as performance, safety, design, handling and value for money.
Each jury member is required to fill in individual scorecards for the nominated vehicles. All scored are tallied and the vehicles with the maximum points win the titles.
"Bentley Motors are proud to be nominated for the Mema 2013. The new Continental GT Speed Convertible is the world’s fastest four-seat convertible and has become very popular in the Middle East since its launch earlier this year," said Chris Buxton, regional director, Bentley Motors Middle East.
"The panel of automotive journalists from the region have short-listed four Porsche models. We are very pleased to see that in its 50th anniversary year, the Porsche 911 is competing in two highly competitive categories," said Christer Ekberg, managing director of Porsche Middle East and Africa.
"The stunning new Golf, Golf GTI and Polo Sedan are placed in the top three in their respective categories at this year’s Middle East Motor Awards. These models represent the world class German engineering, innovative technology and quality that are synonymous with the Volkswagen brand," said Thomas Milz, managing director, Volkswagen Middle East.
Visitors can see the nominated vehicles on display from October 29 to November 1 at Al Majaz Waterfront, Sharjah. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer