Bentley global deliveries up 9pc
Dubai, October 20, 2013
British luxury automobiles manufacturer Bentley Motors has recorded a nine per cent increase in global customer deliveries in September against the same period in 2012.
The Middle East and Europe market posted impressive gains, driven by sales success across all model lines including the new Flying Spur, Continental GT and Mulsanne, while Bentley’s largest market, the Americas, sustained its strong growth, said a statement.
Kevin Rose, board member for sales, marketing and aftersales, said: “Strong performance from our W12 models continued, with the Continental GT Speed and Continental GT Speed Convertible proving successful in all territories. This, added to increases in our V8 and Mulsanne models, maintains our impressive performance and strongly reinforces our position as market leader among our direct competitors in the luxury car market.”
The Americas strengthened its position as Bentley’s largest market, delivering 2,022 cars to customers, a 16 per cent increase on the same period in 2012.
Buoyed by recent dealer expansion, with 44 Bentley dealers now in Continental Europe alone, the European market posted a 14 per cent growth to 1,081 cars, with the UK delivering 1,055 cars, representing a 24 per cent increase.
The Mulsanne, Bentley’s flagship model, continued to prove popular in the Middle East, with a 53 per cent delivery increase, with the market as a whole growing to 596 cars, rising by 26 per cent. There was a similar story in Asia Pacific, where 315 cars were delivered to customers, a 38 per cent increase.
In Asia the Bentley growth in Japan continued with a 9 per cent increase in deliveries (142 cars). In China, with the eagerly anticipated new Flying Spur deliveries having commenced in the third quarter, 1,264 cars were delivered, representing a 17 per cent decrease over last year. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer