BMW Mideast posts record Q3 growth
Dubai, October 17, 2013
BMW Group Middle East is confident of achieving another record year after the company posted a 19 per cent increase in sales for the third quarter compared to the same period last year.
The company's impressive year-to-date numbers demonstrate the continued growth of the region’s premium automotive industry and also highlight Middle East customers’ appetite for luxury cars.
Continuing a trend, which has seen double digit sales in the majority of its Middle Eastern markets during 2013, and a record 18,835 BMW and MINI cars sold to customers.
Across the region, the world's most successful premium automotive brand performed well with Bahrain and Kuwait leading the charge recording increases for the first nine months of 36 per cent and 33 per cent respectively.
Qatar also performed strong with a 25 per cent increase in sales while Dubai chalked up an 18 per cent increase; Saudi Arabia was up 15 per cent and Abu Dhabi grew by 13 per cent over the same period, said a senior official.
“Our team of professionals on the importer side of our business as well as in our regional office have worked successfully together and I'm extremely pleased to say that the results show that we are well on our way to outperforming our 2012 success,” remarked Dr. Joerg Breuer, the managing director, BMW Group Middle East.
“With the recent launches of the BMW 4 Series Coupé, BMW 5 Series, BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo and all-new X5 we are confident we will close out 2013 with an even more impressive performance than 2012,” he added.
The biggest seller across the product range, has continued throughout the year to be the 5 Series which aside from being the world’s best-selling vehicle in the executive saloon segment, it accounted for 4,409 cars sold and marked a 12 per cent increase in registrations.
The recent launch of the new BMW 5 Series is expected to continue to drive sales for the executive saloon.
The successful launch of the latest generation BMW 7 Series late last year has continued to flow through into the first nine months of this year and be a positive contributor to the BMW Group’s overall outlook for 2013 in the region.
With a sales increase of 24 per cent compared to the same period in 2012, the BMW 7 Series continues to lead the luxury segment in the region delivering 3,440 cars to customers, said the top official.
Commenting on its flagship 7 Series model, Dr. Breuer said: "The absolute embodiment of the modern luxury sedan, it comes as no surprise that our flagship BMW 7 Series continues to be a market leader and main growth driver of the BMW brand."
"With the launch of the latest BMW 7 Series last year, blending the prefect balance of luxury, elegance and technological innovation, we are confident that the BMW 7 Series will continue to raise customer expectations in this segment," he stated.
Even as the popular X5 Sports Activity Vehicle was gearing up for the introduction of the third generation model, interest in the outgoing X5 remained exceptionally strong with a 4 per cent increase in sales resulting in 3,076 cars sold across the region.
With the launch of the more luxurious, more comfortable, more spacious and more powerful vehicle, the third generation BMW X5 is poised to have an extremely successful year ahead and continue its absolute leadership positioning in the Sports Activity Vehicle segment.
The ever-popular 3 Series continues to maintain its position as the world’s best-selling premium car with a 68 per cent increase in sales as more supply of the new model filters through to the region, recording 2,119 sales while the X6 Sports Activity Coupé chalked up an impressive 1,804 sales.
Following the launch of the latest generation of both models in 2012, the BMW 3 Series and BMW X6 continue to be best-sellers and witness robust growth across the region, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show