Toyota named ‘most valuable brand’
Jeddah, October 14, 2013
Japanese automaker Toyota has been named the ‘Most Valuable Brand’ in the automotive sector by Interbrand, a leading brand consultancy and author of the list of top 100 brands worldwide.
The Interbrand Best Global Brands survey measures brands based on criteria that includes financial performance and transparency in financial results; competitive edge; the requirement that a brand must be truly global and have successfully transcended geographic and cultural boundaries; and visible with a public profile and awareness above and beyond its own marketplace.
The sales automaker’s Prius, a gasoline-electric hybrid vehicle, pushed past the three million mark and it is set to add the Avalon and a completely redesigned Corolla to its offerings in 2014, said a statement.
Toyota scored number one for perception in its home country, where it is exploring the future of mobility at the Toyota Ecoful Town, a low-carbon pilot project in Toyota City, Japan, it said.
It also aims to produce more efficient, cleaner-emitting cars and further reduce its operational impact through its plans to roll out more than 20 new hybrid models in the next three years (including a refreshed RAV4 EV this year) and a full hydrogen car in 2015. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service