Abu Dhabi Police gears up for Eid traffic
Abu Dhabi, October 12, 2013
The Abu Dhabi Police Traffic and Patrols Directorate said it has readied a comprehensive traffic plan to make roads safer across the emirate during the Eid Al Adha holidays.
This is in pursuance of the Abu Dhabi Police GHQ’s strategy and its outreach plan to provide traffic safety and curtail accidents in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and the Western Region during the peak Eid rush, said a senior official.
Brigadier Hussein Ahmed Al Harthi, the director of Traffic and Patrol Directorate at Abu Dhabi Police, said concerted efforts will be intensified to reduce causes that lead to traffic accidents during the Eid Al-Adha holidays.
"This campaign is part of the awareness initiative launched by the Abu Dhabi Police for the festive season in line with the “Your Safety” campaign implemented by the Security Media Department at the General Secretariat of the Office of the Deputy PM and Minister of Interior.
Wishing everyone a Happy Eid, Al Harithi cautioned the motorists against using mobile phones or reading text messages while driving as a slight distraction on roads could result in major traffic accidents leading to even death.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers