Abu Dhabi Police gears up for Eid traffic
Abu Dhabi, October 12, 2013
The Abu Dhabi Police Traffic and Patrols Directorate said it has readied a comprehensive traffic plan to make roads safer across the emirate during the Eid Al Adha holidays.
This is in pursuance of the Abu Dhabi Police GHQ’s strategy and its outreach plan to provide traffic safety and curtail accidents in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and the Western Region during the peak Eid rush, said a senior official.
Brigadier Hussein Ahmed Al Harthi, the director of Traffic and Patrol Directorate at Abu Dhabi Police, said concerted efforts will be intensified to reduce causes that lead to traffic accidents during the Eid Al-Adha holidays.
"This campaign is part of the awareness initiative launched by the Abu Dhabi Police for the festive season in line with the “Your Safety” campaign implemented by the Security Media Department at the General Secretariat of the Office of the Deputy PM and Minister of Interior.
Wishing everyone a Happy Eid, Al Harithi cautioned the motorists against using mobile phones or reading text messages while driving as a slight distraction on roads could result in major traffic accidents leading to even death.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race