Lincoln's new sedan to steal the show at Gitex
Dubai, October 9, 2013
Ford Motor Company’s luxury brand Lincoln will make its mark at this year’s Gitex Technology Week (October 20-24) for the first-time, showcasing its all-new MKZ sedan, named the ‘Official Car of the Show’.
This year marks the sixth anniversary of Ford's partnership with Gitex, the leading technology trade show in the Middle East and Africa and South Asia region.
“The all-new MKZ represents the future of Lincoln in both style and substance, with eye-catching design wrapped around intuitive, purposeful technology,” remarked Paul Anderson, the marketing director of Ford Middle East.
"Gitex Technology Week is the perfectplatform to showcase our leadership in automotive technologies, whether in infotainment, safety or driver-assist innovations. And this year, we continue to bring our latest innovations to the show through our luxury brand Lincoln as we debut the all-new Lincoln MKZ," stated Anderson.
"We are excited about the MKZ and eager to share its fantastic and benchmark-setting technologies with GITEX visitors. We do believe that the Lincoln brand now stands alongside the who’s who of the technology world in terms of the class-exclusive innovations we offer to our customers," it added.
Most relevant to Gitex is the amount of technology that has been packed into the new Lincoln MKZ, said the top official.
"Visitors to the Lincoln stand at Gitex will be able to take a virtual test-drive inside a production-model Lincoln MKZ. This high-tech experience will offer the visitor a choice of city scenery to ‘virtually’ pass through, while at the same time experiencing the unique technology features and applications within the automobile," he added.
The all-new Lincoln MKZ enters the midsize luxury segment with some unique offerings such as:
•One of the widest-opening retractable glass roofs;
•Lincoln Drive Control, an intelligent system that delivers a refined ride and engaging driving dynamics.
•A distinct Push Button Shift gear selector that enables flowing and architectural center console design;
•A quiet, well-appointed interior enhanced by standard Active Noise Control, genuine wood trim, full LCD instrumentation, and Sync with MyLincoln Touch
•Class-exclusive inflatable rear safety belts that supplement eight standard airbags.
Lincoln, he said, globally is making itself relevant to a new generation of premium automotive customers, and the MKZ is a cornerstone of its Middle East strategy.
"The all-new Lincoln MKZ mid-size luxury sedan is the first vehicle from the dedicated Lincoln Design Studio. Loaded with features that are comparable with those offered on higher-category sedans, the Lincoln MKZ brings a refreshing dimension to mid-size sedan ownership in the region," he stated.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show