McLaren P1 to arrive in Mideast soon
Manama, October 8, 2013
McLaren Automotive is set to continue rapid expansion in the Middle East and Africa, with the McLaren P1, the first of a new breed of hypercars, due to be delivered to customers in the coming weeks.
The British car manufacturer is also seeing an increasing demand for McLaren 12C and 12C Spider, indicating that it is entering a critical period of growth in the region, said a senior official.
Regional director for the Middle East and Africa Ian Gorsuch, said: “When the McLaren P1 hits the roads of the Middle East later this year it will turn heads like no car has ever done before."
“The Middle East region will also see a number of customers among the first in the world to take delivery of the McLaren P1,” he said.
“The regional market is particularly important and fascinating as luxury and sports car owners are very discerning. While a demanding market, we are confident that the end of 2013 will be a success for McLaren,” Gorsuch added.
Only 375 McLaren P1s are being built for customers worldwide, with just over 10 per cent destined for the Middle East. This is an increase on the percentage of the company’s core sports cars, the 12C and 12C Spider.
The car features IPAS (Instant Power Assist System) – with a 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine coupled to an electric motor that produces more than double the power of the KERS unit used in Formula 1. It was designed using the same aerodynamic systems and technology as a Formula 1 car.
The 12C and 12C Spider sales are also exceeding expectations in the region with nearly 150 car sales predicted for 2013. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service