Toyota Australia exports 1 millionth car to ME
Dubai, October 1, 2013
Toyota Australia has exported its one millionth vehicle to the Middle East recently.
The company has been supplying Camry and Aurion vehicles to the region since 1996, said a statement from Al Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributors of Toyota in the UAE.
“We recently received an award for contributing to the one millionth Camry exported to the Middle East by Toyota Motor Corporation Australia. We are very proud for playing a major role in this and thankful for our customers’ continued trust in Toyota” said Alan Carpenter, general manager Sales and Marketing, Al-Futtaim Motors.
“Camry is one of our best performing vehicles within our fleet business and makes up a significant percentage of our corporate sales. Being one of the most favoured cars among taxi companies, the car has proven great reliability after being subjected to high mileage and long driving hours” he added.
Last year, Toyota Australia exported 72,899 Camry and Aurion vehicles. Of these approximately 97 per cent of vehicles were sent to the GCC countries. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi