Al Habtoor to launch Chinese auto brand
Dubai, September 30, 2013
Al Habtoor Motors, a unit of UAE-based conglomerate Al Habtoor Group, is set to launch the complete range of Chinese automotive brand’s passenger and commercial vehicles in the upcoming weeks.
Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor, chairman of the Al Habtoor Group and Sultan Al Habtoor, president of Al Habtoor Motors recently attended a private viewing of the Chery lineup.
“Chery is a world-renowned and respectable brand and I am confident that it will be received well in the UAE, equally as it has been accepted across Asia, Central America, South America and South Africa,” said Khalaf Al Habtoor.
The unveiling comes after Al Habtoor Motors signed an exclusive deal with China’s top selling car brand earlier in the year. The contract was signed by Sultan Al Habtoor and Michael Zhang, deputy general manager of Middle East Region for Chery.
Al Habtoor Motors has been a leading player in the regional automotive market since 1983. With distribution exclusivity for the Mitsubishi, Fuso, Temsa, Bentley, Bugatti and McLaren in the UAE, Chery will complement the Al Habtoor Motors vehicle range by bringing in five of its reliable and affordable models offering customers something new.
The much anticipated launch of the Chery showroom in Dubai is planned for the end of October. The range will be officially unveiled at the Dubai International Motor Show, running from November 5 to 9.
“We will be targeting fleet buyers along with individual customers. Needless to say, we are thrilled about the new member of our Al Habtoor Motors family and are confident that Chery will make its way to the UAE roads in greater numbers year on year,” said Joe Rogan, sales director of Al Habtoor Motors.
Chery Automobiles, which was founded in 1997, manufactures passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles and minivans in various segments and has global presence in over 80 countries.
“Introducing Chery in the UAE was a very strategic decision for Al Habtoor Motors. We are impressed by the fast growth, innovation and competitive range that are visible in the Chery line up. We believe that this is great news for all the residents of the UAE,” Rogan added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer