Nissan to launch electric car sharing service
Dubai, September 29, 2013
Nissan Motor Co is set to commence Japan’s first car sharing programme with the use of its new mobility concept ultra-compact electric vehicles (EV) on October 11 in the city of Yokohama.
The ‘Choimobi Yokohama’ service (which means ‘easy mobility’ in Japanese) will begin with the use of 30 units of the EVs and gradually increase that number to about 100 units in total, said a statement.
The service is a combined effort between Nissan and the city as part of the Yokohama Mobility Project ZERO programme (YMPZ). It is aimed at increasing low-emission transportation options for residents of the city, it said.
The Choimobi Yokohama plan is designed to be a one-way car sharing service that enables EVs to be rented from and returned to any of 45 car pickup/return stations that will be located in the downtown core in Yokohama.
Other companies have joined in to assist in this effort. The membership enrollment and reservation system for Choimobi Yokohama was developed by Hitachi, parking facilities at the various car stations will be provided by Mitsui's Repark of Mitsui Fudosan Realty Co. as well as many other companies and tourist/public facilities. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers