Al-Futtaim Motors appoints new MD
Dubai, September 29, 2013
Al-Futtaim Motors, exclusive distributor of the Toyota, Lexus and Hino franchises in the UAE, has appointed Jon Williams as managing director.
Williams joins from Toyota Great Britain, where he was president and managing director for both Toyota and Lexus since October 2010.
Williams, 46, brings with him a wealth of automotive industry experience including a variety of roles with Ford and Land Rover in the US and Great Britain. Williams is also a graduate of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology.
“I am delighted to have been given this chance by the Al-Futtaim group and I am looking forward to my move to the UAE. The nature of the Middle East automotive sector is very different to anywhere in the world and I am excited to start learning about the nuances of the local market,” said Williams.
As managing director at Al-Futtaim Motors, Williams will be running the largest business unit of the Al-Futtaim group, one of the UAE’s oldest and most progressive business conglomerates.
Al-Futtaim Motors has been representing Toyota Motor Corporation since 1955 and remains the market leader in the UAE automotive industry with over 40 per cent market share, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service