Al-Futtaim Motors appoints new MD
Dubai, September 29, 2013
Al-Futtaim Motors, exclusive distributor of the Toyota, Lexus and Hino franchises in the UAE, has appointed Jon Williams as managing director.
Williams joins from Toyota Great Britain, where he was president and managing director for both Toyota and Lexus since October 2010.
Williams, 46, brings with him a wealth of automotive industry experience including a variety of roles with Ford and Land Rover in the US and Great Britain. Williams is also a graduate of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology.
“I am delighted to have been given this chance by the Al-Futtaim group and I am looking forward to my move to the UAE. The nature of the Middle East automotive sector is very different to anywhere in the world and I am excited to start learning about the nuances of the local market,” said Williams.
As managing director at Al-Futtaim Motors, Williams will be running the largest business unit of the Al-Futtaim group, one of the UAE’s oldest and most progressive business conglomerates.
Al-Futtaim Motors has been representing Toyota Motor Corporation since 1955 and remains the market leader in the UAE automotive industry with over 40 per cent market share, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award