McLaren owners join 50-year celebrations
Manama, September 15, 2013
McLaren Automotive celebrated five decades of motorsport success and road car innovation recently, with one of the largest gathering in Dubai of its supercar owners.
'The McLaren 50: The Drive' saw more than 20 examples of the 12C, 12C Spider and Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren supercars congregate at The Address Montogomerie Dubai, before making their way to the Monte-Carlo Beach Club in Abu Dhabi and then back into Dubai to drive along The Walk at Jumeirah Beach Road.
In the UK last week, the 50th anniversary celebrations were marked by current Vodafone McLaren Mercedes drivers Jenson Button and Sergio Perez, who showcased the two latest models – the 12C and McLaren P1.
Ian Gorsuch, regional director for Middle East and Africa, said: “The Dubai event and the events that have already been held in the UK and across the world to commemorate the company’s 50th anniversary, have been about reflecting on our rich and proud heritage, which started with Bruce McLaren.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race