Abu Dhabi F1 tickets go on sale worldwide
Abu Dhabi, September 12, 2013
Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina Circuit has kicked off ticket delivery for the 2013 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, scheduled to be held from November 1 to 3.
“It is around this time every year we begin delivery of our 2013 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix tickets,” said Richard Cregan, chief executive officer, Yas Marina Circuit. “This year, for our fifth anniversary, as well as going back to four nights of After Race concerts, we looked to do something creative with our ticket packaging.”
Reflecting an expanded programme of on and off track entertainment, as well as the action on offer throughout the entire race weekend, this year’s ticket packages feature a unique pop-up design incorporating a sampling of what is on offer across Yas Island during the F1weekend, including the Yas Viceroy, Yas Marina, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and the new Yas Waterworld.
In addition to increased activities on and off track, tickets to the event will reach more fans than ever before thanks to a range of new ticket categories introduced for the first time this year, a statement said.
The new categories, which include Abu Dhabi Hill, the Trackside Terrace, Marina Boxes (2-3 day), Yas Marina Tower, Yas Marina Bay Suite and the first ever Grand Prix Brunch, will increase available seats by 5,000, bringing the total capacity of the circuit to 55,000.
“Our 'pop-up' design is intended as a celebration of all the attractions on Yas Island and across Abu Dhabi for our Grand Prix fans,” added Cregan. "This year's ticket provides a fun souvenir as well as a reminder for our increasingly international audience; we are expecting 42 per cent of visitors to be from outside the UAE this year, of what they might expect when they arrive in Abu Dhabi for their memorable weekend.”
Along with fans who purchased tickets for one of the new categories at Yas Marina Circuit, F1 tickets will also be issued for the first time to fans that have purchased special F1 packages at the neighbouring Yas Marina, as well as those who purchased F1 hotel packages from Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.
All 2013 ticket holders will also enjoy unprecedented access to the three venues during the race weekend which will include access to the Oasis Areas of Yas Marina Circuit, access to the public areas of Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, as well as access to the exclusive promenade of the newly expanded Yas Marina which will boast some of the world’s most beautiful super yachts, Cregan said.
“Working closely with Yas Marina Circuit, we are thrilled to be able to offer two new seating options for this year’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the Marina Box and Yas Marina Tower,” said Cédric Le Rest, general manager, Yas Marina.
“2013 is a very exciting year for Yas Marina as we undergo a major redevelopment that will see seven restaurants and a range of family-friendly attractions open in time for the F1 weekend and accessible to both ticket holders and non-ticket holders.”
Oliver Bruns, hotel manager of Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, said: “As the only 5 star hotel in the world that is situated on an F1 circuit, the iconic Yas Marina Circuit, we are in a unique position to offer guests both amazing views of all the race action as well as glamorous and exciting entertainment and dining experiences which will ensure a memorable weekend for everyone.”
“As ticket delivery commences, we look forward to working with partners, Yas Marina Circuit and Yas Marina, to welcome and to offer the ultimate Race Weekend experience to even more race enthusiasts and fun-seekers this year who want to be part of the exhilaration for the fifth year running.”
In addition to three days of F1 action, ticket holders to this year’s race will also enjoy on track action that includes the GP2, GP3 and Porsche Mobil Supercar support races and an extensive programme of family friendly entertainment in the Oasis Areas of Yas Marina Circuit.
Off track, fans will also have access to up to four After-Race concerts that will see Arabic superstars Amr Diab, Hussain Al Jassmi and Elissa take the stage on Thursday, rap legend Jay Z headline Friday, Muse perform on Saturday, and Depeche Mode close the F1 weekend on Sunday. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer