Lexus Crossover concept to debut at Frankfurt
Dubai, September 5, 2013
A new Lexus compact Crossover concept, the LF-NX, will make its world premiere at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA), running from September 10 to 22.
This concept explores the potential for a compact Crossover within the Lexus model range. Reinforcing Lexus’ leading position in full hybrid drive technology, the LF-NX concept is powered by a new variant of the Lexus Hybrid Drive system tuned for SUV performance.
With its highly distinctive and powerfully sculpted styling, the LF-NX concept’s exterior design reflects a further evolution of Lexus’ L-finesse design language.
The front is dominated by a strong interpretation of the Lexus spindle grille, signature front lighting with independent Daytime Running Lights (DRL), and unique corner styling.
In profile, muscular wheel arches are trimmed with the black protective finish which typifies an urban crossover. Above the pronounced diamond shape of the belt line, a classic Lexus side glazing profile and steeply raked tailgate create the sweeping silhouette of an athletic coupe.
The rear features highly articulated lamp clusters. They are detailed to project downwards to the full depth of the bumper, creating a sharp, aerodynamic trailing edge to the vehicle which mirrors the front wing detailing.
The Lexus LF-NX concept is finished in a new Brushed Metal Silver exterior colour which gives the striking impression that the bodyshell has been carved from a single billet of solid metal.
In a continuation of the ‘Human Oriented’ L-finesse design concept, the cabin features the ideal, upper display zone and lower operation zone dashboard format perfected over successive Lexus generations.
This allows for intuitive interaction with the vehicle’s next generation technology, which includes touch-sensitive electrostatic switches, and a new touch pad Remote Touch Interface (RTI) design.
Reinforcing the LF-NX concept’s premium Crossover credentials, the strength and refinement of the interior’s carved metal surfacing is complemented throughout by Sunrise Yellow/Black leather upholstery with contrast stitching, and sophisticated blue instrument lighting. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer