All-new GLK-250 launched in Kuwait
Kuwait, September 4, 2013
A R Albisher and Z Alkazemi, the exclusive general distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Kuwait, has launched a new turbocharged, all-wheel drive version of the dynamic GLK compact Mercedes-Benz SUV.
With an output of 211 hp and torque of 350 Newton metres, the state-of-the-art direct injection engine in the GLK 250 4Matic delivers effortlessly superior performance and well-balanced drive comfort.
Featuring a four-cylinder petrol engine for the first time, the lightweight, high-tech 2.0-litre unit offers the impressive drive comfort of Mercedes-Benz with impressive performance and conservative fuel consumption, accelerating from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.9 seconds, with a 215 km/h top speed.
The sporty and dynamic new GLK’s improved performance combines an exhaust gas turbocharger and fast-acting piezo injectors to make multiple injections of fuel possible, while reliable combustion of the air/fuel mixture is ensured by demand-actuated multi-spark ignition.
The new model year also brings the added benefit of sporty design courtesy of an Interior Sport Package with burr-walnut wood trim, and exterior sporting a Chrome package, ILS (Intelligent Light System) with LED daytime running lights, rolling on five spoke, 19-inch light-alloy wheels.
The GLK also features a new-generation infotainment system with extended functionality for the GLK, as for all SUV models from Mercedes-Benz.
Michael Ruehle, general manager, Abdul Rahman Albisher & Zaid Alkazemi, said: “The Mercedes-Benz GLK seamlessly combines the drivability and luxury of our passenger car range with the functionality of SUV to provide a vehicle with compelling appeal to our customers in Kuwait.
“Whether it’s driving to the office, doing the shopping, heading out to dinner or taking the kids to football or camping, this sporty new GLK with all the latest gadgets is sure get the job done, in style, and with a smile on your face.”
The GLK 250 4Matic specifications include Active Parking Assist including Parktronic, Media interface including cable kit, Audio 20 radio including CD changer, Light package, Interior Light package.
The starting price of GLK-250 is KD12,700 ($44,260), a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi