Dubai RTA launches motorcycles testing service
Dubai, August 29, 2013
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) of Dubai plans to launch motorcycles’ testing service next September in collaboration with some of the technical testing centers in the Emirate.
The new service would be launched in some of the approved technical testing centers in Dubai which contributed to the provision of special tracks for testing using approved global technological techniques, said Abdullah Abdul Rahman, acting director of Vehicles Licensing at RTA.
The centers assisted the RTA in providing the necessary requirements set by the Authority in order to achieve safety on roads, including the pursuit of inspection centers to provide special lanes concerned with motorcycles inspections only, he added.
They are also in line with the international standards regarding size, as well as making available the best and most modern technologies in the field of testing at the hands of professionals who have extensive experience in driving motorcycles, Rahman explained.
“This service comes in the framework of the project the Agency intends to launch in 2014 on behalf of Vehicle Inspection Management System concerned with the management of technical inspection centers,” Rahman said.
“The technical inspection service for motorcycles will meet the needs of its users, whether private or those who are part of transport and delivery companies, restaurants, or shops through directing them to places of authorized service providers in Dubai,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show