Toyota to unveil new hybrid at Frankfurt show
Dubai, August 26, 2013
Toyota, which has sold 5.5 million hybrids since the launch of the technology 16 years ago, will debut its new Yaris Hybrid-R concept at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show.
Created as a showcase for possible future hybrid development ideas that can deliver greater performance and driver rewards, the Yaris Hybrid-R features a 1.6-litre GRE (Global Race Engine) developed by Toyota Motorsport, combined with two powerful electric motors that give the car intelligent all-wheel drive capability.
Using technology like that featured in Toyota’s TS030 Hybrid race car, energy recovered under braking is stored in a super capacitor, a unit that’s particularly suitable for use in a sports car thanks to its high power density and quick charge and discharge speeds.
“Toyota’s commitment to environmental leadership is reflected in our concerted efforts at developing viable hybrid technologies for everyday use,” said Nobuyuki Negishi, chief representative of Mena Representative Office, Toyota Motor Corporation.
“Given the need to nurture a clean and sustainable environment driven by environmentally conscious customers and governments, we will continue to work towards developing innovative hybrid vehicles including fuel cell driven vehicles to expand our product lineup to create vehicles that are popular with consumers.”
Since it introduced the original Prius saloon in Japan in 1997, Toyota currently offering 23 models worldwide.
Toyota will show the latest status of its Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicle (FCHV) technology at Frankfurt, ahead of the market launch of a production car by 2015. Toyota considers the energy and emissions benefits make this the best technology yet to deliver the ultimate zero-emission car, with hydrogen as an ideal, ultra-clean energy source. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service