UAE to highlight motor sport at Africa summit
Dubai, August 25, 2013
The Automobile and Touring Club of UAE (ATCUAE) will highlight its role in the development of motor sports in the Emirates at an upcoming summit in Botswana.
The two-day annual meeting of the FIA Confederation of African Countries is set to be held on August 29. FIA President Jean Todt will be among senior officials in attendance.
Dr Mohammed Ben Sulayem, president of ATCUAE will outline his role as chairman of the new task force set up to build a ten-year plan for motor sport’s global development.
Delegates will later attend a full-day’s training programme delivered by the ATCUAE’s training and education arm, the Motorsport Knowledge Institute (MKI), with the aim of developing and improving African motor sport.
The MKI is one of five national motor sport authorities entrusted to provide training to its counterparts on behalf of the FIA.
The training programme in Gaborone, Botswana’s capital, is being co-funded by the FIA Institute whose President, Gérard Saillant, will also be attending.
It will focus on methods to reinforce event organisation within the FIA African Rally Championship and on route planning to ensure highly competitive but safe events.
The training programme is being delivered at the special request of FIA Vice-President Surinder Thatti of Kenya, Sulayem’s counterpart in the African zone. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers