Lexus to compete in Japan's Super GT Series
Tokyo, August 20, 2013
Lexus Racing has announced that a new racing car based on the Lexus LF-CC (Lexus Future Captivating Coupe) concept will compete in the top-tier GT500 class of the Super GT Series starting next season.
The new race car will replace the Lexus SC 430 that has been used in Super GT races and secured 17 victories and 44 podium finishes since 2006, as well as two Season Championships.
The Lexus LF-CC is a two-door coupe concept with a front-engine and rear-wheel drive, and debuted at the Paris Motor Show in September 2012.
It features a dynamic exterior with an emphasis on aerodynamics and cooling performance. Vehicle shakedown testing for the next season, which begins in April 2014, began at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan on Friday. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Japan |
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC