GMC Mideast sales up 8pc in July
Dubai, August 20, 2013
GMC recorded its best ever July sales in the Middle East, with a total of 3,180 GMC vehicles sold, up from 2,946 in July 2012, marking an increase of 8 per cent year-on-year.
Sales of the Terrain crossover rose 29 per cent compared to the same period last year. Figures increased 17 percent year-on-year in the UAE and 8 percent in Saudi Arabia, GMC’s largest market in the Middle East.
Meanwhile, sales of the Yukon full size SUV, GMC’s most popular nameplate, jumped by an impressive 19 percent year-on-year in July across the region driven by strength in the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Sales in both countries rose 42 per cent and 22 per cent respectively.
Dealers recorded best July sales in 8 years for the Sierra heavy duty pickup, as figures jumped 35 per cent compared to the same period last year.
“July was an excellent sales month for one of the most respected and best-loved automotive brands in the Middle East. I look forward to a strong performance by GMC in the second half of 2013,” said Nadim Ghrayeb, GMC regional brand manager for General Motors Middle East. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC
- 40 GM technicians battle for top honours