Volkswagen Passat sales up 415pc in July
Dubai, August 19, 2013
Volkswagen Passat sales grew by 415 per cent in July in the Middle East, as compared to the same period last year.
The model has been revealed as the key driver behind the most successful month ever recorded for Volkswagen Middle East.
Overall Volkswagen deliveries increased by 51 per cent in July year-on-year, while the period January to July represented a growth of 32 per cent in overall deliveries compared to 2012.
Other high performing models included the Tiguan and Jetta, said a statement.
Thomas Milz, managing director, Volkswagen Middle East, said:“The Passat has proved extremely popular with our customers in the Middle East with a 2.5 litre, 170hp five-cylinder engine, six-speed automatic gearbox, and superior range of technical and design offerings, suiting the needs and discerning tastes of this market.”
“Despite challenging global market conditions, we are experiencing a steady increase in the Middle East and achieved record growth in deliveries for the first half of 2013, as well as for the month of July,” said Milz.
Results for the first half of 2013 revealed continued strong performances for the Touareg and Tiguan, said the statement.
The figures also indicated a strong start for the new seventh generation Volkswagen Golf and Golf GTI both of which arrived in the region earlier this year, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show