Volkswagen Passat sales up 415pc in July
Dubai, August 19, 2013
Volkswagen Passat sales grew by 415 per cent in July in the Middle East, as compared to the same period last year.
The model has been revealed as the key driver behind the most successful month ever recorded for Volkswagen Middle East.
Overall Volkswagen deliveries increased by 51 per cent in July year-on-year, while the period January to July represented a growth of 32 per cent in overall deliveries compared to 2012.
Other high performing models included the Tiguan and Jetta, said a statement.
Thomas Milz, managing director, Volkswagen Middle East, said:“The Passat has proved extremely popular with our customers in the Middle East with a 2.5 litre, 170hp five-cylinder engine, six-speed automatic gearbox, and superior range of technical and design offerings, suiting the needs and discerning tastes of this market.”
“Despite challenging global market conditions, we are experiencing a steady increase in the Middle East and achieved record growth in deliveries for the first half of 2013, as well as for the month of July,” said Milz.
Results for the first half of 2013 revealed continued strong performances for the Touareg and Tiguan, said the statement.
The figures also indicated a strong start for the new seventh generation Volkswagen Golf and Golf GTI both of which arrived in the region earlier this year, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran