Ford Focus global bookings up 18pc in Q1
Dubai, August 17, 2013
Ford Focus, the best-selling vehicle nameplate in the world last year, has retained that ranking through the first quarter of 2013 with global vehicle registrations up 18 per cent compared to the same period in 2012.
Based on analysis of Polk’s latest global registration to date, 288,724 Focus vehicles were registered in the quarter ending March 31 – the most recent figures available.
Strong demand in key markets such as China and Brazil fueled the growth. Focus registrations in China reached 104,065 vehicles, up 153 per cent compared to the first quarter of 2012. In Brazil, demand rose 18 per cent, with 7,227 vehicles registered during the period.
Focus is now built in nine plants on four continents. Factories in the US, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan, Russia, Germany and Argentina have a combined capacity to produce more than 1.5 million Focus vehicles annually at a rate of more than two vehicles per minute, a statement said.
Focus is available in a range of models depending on market, including sedan, hatchback, wagon, an electric-powered model and the high-performance Focus ST. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers