Saudi car imports edge 1 million in 2012
Jeddah, August 15, 2013
Saudi Arabia imported 982,000 vehicles in 2012, as against 737,000 in the preceding year, marking an increase of 33 per cent, a report said.
The value of vehicle imports in 2012 reached SR76.6 billion ($20.4 billion), reflecting an increase of 42 percent over 2011, the Saudi Gazette quoted the Central Statistics Department (CSD) report published by Al-Madinah newspaper.
The US claimed the top spot as a car exporter to Saudi Arabia for the second straight year, with South Korea taking the second place, beating Japan into third place.
The CSD report highlighted that the value of 215,000 car exports from the US to Saudi Arabia amounted SR20.59 billion, while and 207,000 cars were imported from South Korea.
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service