Jaguar Land Rover sales up 40pc in Mena
Amman, August 13, 2013
Luxury automotive manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover has recorded a 40 per cent year-on-year (YOY) sales growth across the Mena region during the first quarter ended June 2013 .
Land Rover demonstrated its growing popularity in the region with a YOY increase of 43 per cent, mainly due to the success of the all-new Range Rover, said a statement.
Other key sales performers were the Range Rover Evoque and the Land Rover LR4, which went up by 28 per cent and 17 per cent, respectively.
Jaguar saw a 26 per cent sales increase over the same period last year. Sales of the Jaguar XF increased by 45 per cent, along with the Jaguar F-TYPE, which stimulated a sharp sales incline across the region during the start of its sales campaign in May .
Both brands delivered strong regional performance during the period across the region, with significant growth in the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, said the statement.
Robin Colgan, managing director of Jaguar Land Rover Mena, said: “Our strong sales performance over the last quarter is a reflection of how significant this region is to the Jaguar Land Rover brand globally. “
“We expect to see further growth moving forward into the year with the imminent start of sales for the All-New Range Rover Sport, our most dynamic Land Rover yet,” Colgan added.
Amjad Saeed, general manager of Mahmoudia Motors , the sole dealer of the Jaguar and Land Rover brands in Jordan, said: “We have received great feedback from our Jordanian customer base with regards to the All-New Range Rover, Range Rover Evoque, Land Rover
LR4, Jaguar XF and Jaguar F-TYPE, and we are confident that these luxury models will further drive sales throughout the remainder of the 2013 fiscal year.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service