Mitsubishi chief hails GCC recovery
Dubai, August 10, 2013
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation president Osamu Masuko, after a recent visit to Dubai, said he was “fully impressed with market improvement boosted by economic recovery and growth seen in the GCC countries in the recent years after the worldwide financial crisis”.
Masuko met Al Habtoor Group chairman Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor for Iftar during the visit and, in a letter after the visit, praised Al Habtoor for his hospitality.
Al Habtoor Motors (AHM), established in 1983, is the exclusive distributor of Mitsubishi vehicles in the UAE.
Al Habtoor said: “The GCC has proved its economic resilience time and time again. Business is booming throughout all Gulf countries. As many parts of the world are still struggling to get back on their feet, the UAE and Dubai in particular are continuing to grow.”
He added that the Mitsubishi Motors president was impressed with the strength of the business in the region and pointed out that the UAE is home to Mitsubishi’s largest dealership in the world at Mussafah in Abu Dhabi under the Al Habtoor Motors brand.
“Al Habtoor Motors has the number one market share in the world for Mitsubishi. The UAE continues to be a growth market for Mitsubishi. So far this year sales of Mitsubishi vehicles have increased 27 per cent year to date compared to 2012 sales.”
He added that Masuko was very impressed when he visited Al Habtoor Motors after-sales facility at DIC in Dubai saying it was “one of the best in the world by Mitsubishi. We have had a long and successful business partnership with Mitsubishi and we look forward to many fruitful years ahead.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service