VW launches new Golf GTI in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, August 7, 2013
Volkswagen has launched the seventh generation of its Golf GTI at the Khalidiyah Mall in Abu Dhabi said its sole distributor Ali & Sons Motors.
The model combines sportiness and driving fun with the strengths of the Golf into a unique concept of compact sport sedans. It also offers an 18 per cent improvement in fuel economy compared to the previous model, said a statement.
It is powered by a turbocharged, direct-injection petrol engine (TSI) with 162 kW / 220 HP which comes as standard, and accelerates to 100 km/h in 6.5 seconds, reaching a top speed of 244 km/h, it said.
Volkswagen Ali & Sons general manager Ammar Al Johmani said: “The all new Golf GTI has been one of the most anticipated new models for 2013 and offers customers a tantalising list of options, serving up what fans of the hot hatch have been waiting for.”
“Offers coupled with the launch – including up to three years, or 45,000km, servicing free of charge, along with free warranty of up to five years – will further enhance demand for the new model,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC