Hyundai Veloster named ‘coolest car’
Dubai, August 6, 2013
Korean automaker Hyundai’s hatchback model, Veloster has been placed in the number one spot in the Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com ‘10 coolest cars under $18,000’.
The two criteria - being fun-to-drive and fun-to-own - are among the deciding factors for KBB.com, which is a new and used car information resource in the US, said a statement.
Launched globally in August 2011, the Veloster has seen sales growth of 54 per cent in the Middle East in the first half of 2013 in comparison to the same period last year.
The biggest market is Saudi Arabia, while increased sales were also recorded in Bahrain, Lebanon, Oman, and Syria, said the statement.
In the UAE, year-on-year sales were up by 353 per cent, it said.
Hyundai’s vice president and head of Middle East Regional Headquarters Tom Lee said: “With the Veloster we aimed to create a car that stands out from the crowd, allowing owners to express their individuality on the roads. Winning the KBB award proves we have been successful, and this has been reinforced by the fantastic first half sales figures recorded in the Middle East.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo