Hyundai Veloster named ‘coolest car’
Dubai, August 6, 2013
Korean automaker Hyundai’s hatchback model, Veloster has been placed in the number one spot in the Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com ‘10 coolest cars under $18,000’.
The two criteria - being fun-to-drive and fun-to-own - are among the deciding factors for KBB.com, which is a new and used car information resource in the US, said a statement.
Launched globally in August 2011, the Veloster has seen sales growth of 54 per cent in the Middle East in the first half of 2013 in comparison to the same period last year.
The biggest market is Saudi Arabia, while increased sales were also recorded in Bahrain, Lebanon, Oman, and Syria, said the statement.
In the UAE, year-on-year sales were up by 353 per cent, it said.
Hyundai’s vice president and head of Middle East Regional Headquarters Tom Lee said: “With the Veloster we aimed to create a car that stands out from the crowd, allowing owners to express their individuality on the roads. Winning the KBB award proves we have been successful, and this has been reinforced by the fantastic first half sales figures recorded in the Middle East.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week