A-MAP reports $1.4m battery sales in H1
Dubai, August 6, 2013
Dubai-based A-MAP, an automotive spare parts distributor, has reported battery unit sales of nearly Dh5 million ($1.4 million) to the regional construction industry and its associated sectors in the first half of this year.
The distributor said sales of Solite batteries, the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for automotive batteries in both Hyundai and Kia vehicles, and for which A-MAP is the region’s exclusive distributor, has been responsible for its Fleet and Corporate Department growing by 70 per cent over the period.
It attributes the increasing sales of vehicle batteries to the GCC governments’ plans to invest $1 trillion to develop their infrastructure and the expansion of the fleet car market in the UAE.
“The growth of our Fleet and Corporate Department over the period of just one year is a direct result of both the booming construction sector in the GCC, particularly the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, and the increased sales of cars to UAE fleet operators,” said Asad Badami, managing director.
“Over the past 12 months we have secured some important new contracts with major players within the construction, recycling and Genset industries to supply batteries for their heavy equipment,” said Badami.
“The growing fleet car market is reflective of greater confidence in the regional economy. Larger companies are now happy to put money into fleet cars to service their respective businesses and the tourism trend is up, meaning that taxis are vital to ferry visitors to the UAE around,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer