Mercedes-Benz launches S-Class in Kuwait
Kuwait, July 25, 2013
Mercedes Benz has launched its new S-Class at a ceremony hosted by Abdul Rahman Albisher and Zaid Alkazemi Co, the sole distributor for the German automaker in Kuwait.
The model features a 455 HP and 700 Nm of tourque and reaches 100 km/hr in just 4.8 seconds and also has up to 20 per cent lower fuel consumption with engines meeting the requirements of the Euro-6 emissions standard.
“The weight of the S-Class name is felt all over the world – this is a legendary automobile that has evolved through years of dedication brought by defying any technical, design or engineering limitations. What we see in the 2014 model is the vision of ‘the best automobile in the world’ brought to reality for us to dwell in awe and fascination for years to come," said Michael Ruehle, general manager of the distributor.
With the three engineering priorities "Intelligent Drive", "Efficient Technology" and "Essence of Luxury", the new S Class extends the boundaries of technology on many levels.
“With many industry firsts, the new S-Class is an impressive production for the number of ideas and technologies Mercedes-Benz is introducing. This is a key driver for maintaining the S-Class’ legendary status and constant appeal it has in the Middle East, especially in Kuwait,” added Ruehle. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show