Toyota posts record H1 sales in GCC
Dubai, July 24, 2013
Toyota has psted a steady growth in sales performance in the GCC, selling a record number of 310,761 units in the first half of 2013, a 10 per cent growth as compared to the same period in 2012.
In the SUV category, Toyota’s sales during the same period grew by 15 per cent year-on-year with 123,737 units sold, with the Land Cruiser continuing to lead the segment in the GCC with 35,634 unit sales.
In the Levant and Yemen, Toyota posted a strong performance as well, achieving a 39 per cent growth in vehicle sales.
Nobuyuki Negishi, chief representative of Mena Representative Office, Toyota Motor Corporation, said: “Toyota’s renewed focus and commitment to new and exciting design and product innovations that exceed customer expectations, has consolidated our market leadership within the automobile industry.”
“The steady growth in sales that Toyota has achieved in the first half of 2013 as compared to last year augurs well for the future growth of our company and serves as a testament of product and brand appreciation from our valuable customers.
“With our in-depth knowledge and understanding of the ever-changing regional market and customer needs, Toyota will continue to delight customers across the region who have placed their trust in our brand with our superior product value proposition backed by our superb after-sales service,” Negishi added.
The Corolla, one of Toyota’s best-selling models, logged sales of 44,114 units in the GCC to post a 22 per cent growth in sales in the first half of this year in comparison to the same period in 2012.
In the SUV category, the Toyota Prado and the new look 2013 RAV4 registered solid performances recording sales growth of 22 per cent and 38 per cent respectively. With 35,195 units sold in the GCC, the Toyota Prado with its strong off-roading capabilities, refined exterior design and distinctive individuality which also blends well with an urban environment continues to be a popular SUV choice for the discerning Middle East customer, a company statement said.
The 2013 RAV4, a reinvention of the world's original crossover SUV, posted a significant increase in sales as compared to last year with sales of 5,795 units in the GCC. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week