UAE Volkswagen sales up 37pc in H1
Dubai, July 21, 2013
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the exclusive dealer for Volkswagen in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, has reported a new growth record of vehicles sold during the first two quarters of 2013, representing a year-on-year increase of 37 per cent.
The growth is strongly supported by the increase in demand for the Passat model during the period, said a statement.
The Jetta also proved to be a strong performer in the first half of the year, resulting in 14 per cent rise in sales, it said.
Thierry Seys, general manager, said: “Our sales team works exceptionally hard to deliver an outstanding service to our loyal customers. The fact we have already seen a 34 per cent increase on deliveries to customers is a real testament to their hard work and passion.
“Already this year, Al Nabooda Automobiles has welcomed the new seventh generation Golf and Golf GTI and hope sales of this model will contribute to another successful year for Volkswagen in Dubai and the Northern Emirates,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week