Chevrolet global sales edges up in H1
Detroit, July 17, 2013
Chevrolet has sold 2.5 million vehicles around the world in the first half of this year, up 1.4 per cent over the same period in 2012.
General Motors, overall, posted sales of more than 4.85 million vehicles in the first half of 2013, an increase of nearly four per cent over the same period in 2012, said a statement.
“Chevrolet is in the midst of the most aggressive new product roll-out in the brand’s history,” said Alan Batey, senior vice president of Global Chevrolet.
“The continued sales growth around the world is a result of a focused effort to strengthen Chevrolet’s presence in developing markets as well as its relationship with consumers by offering the right products, technologies, and world-class customer service,” he said.
“In the Middle East, Chevrolet continues to go from strength-to-strength boosted by its passenger cars. With the recent arrival of the Impala, and launches of the Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Silverado to come, I am confident that 2013 will be a fantastic year for the brand,” said John Stadwick, president and GM of General Motors Middle East.
It has also achieved its 11th straight quarter of increased sales on the strength of new products like the Onix subcompact car in Brazil, Impala full-size sedan in the US and Colorado midsize pickup in Southeast Asia, said the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker