Jaguar's new sports car set for Jordan launch
Amman, July 17, 2013
Jaguar’s Project 7 concept, an all-new, two-seater, convertible sports car, is set to enter the Jordanian market following its debut at the recent Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK.
Project 7, based on Jaguar’s acclaimed F-Type, is a winner of the World Car Design of the Year 2013 award.
Amjad Saeed, general manager, Mahmoudia Motors, the sole and official dealer of the Jaguar and Land Rover brands in Jordan said: “The Jaguar brand is well-known for constantly pushing the boundaries of design and performance, and the Project 7 concept is the ideal example of this progressive approach. We are excited to deliver Project 7 to the Jordanian market and are confident that it will garner great feedback from our customers.”
Key exterior design changes of the Project 7 concept include a fairing behind the driver’s head; bespoke carbon-fibre components – a new front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser; lowered windshield and restyled front bumper. Project 7’s unique interior features a composite single-seat with racing harness, a helmet holder and custom trim.
The name Project 7 acknowledges British manufacturer Jaguar’s record winning of Le Mans seven times between 1951 and 1990 and its blue paintwork is reminiscent of the victorious Jaguar D-types of 1956/1957.
Project 7 is not a static concept, but a fully-functional, high-performance sports car, a statement said.
The F-Type’s rigid all-aluminium architecture provides the perfect starting point, power coming from Jaguar’s 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine in 550PS/680Nm form – an increase of 55PS and 55Nm over the F-TYPE V8 S.
Commenting on the Project 7 concept, Adrian Hallmark, global brand director of Jaguar, said: “Jaguar’s sporting bloodline and innovative ambition are perfectly embodied by Project 7, both through its sensual design and its shattering performance. Project 7’s Goodwood debut has provided a great stage to showcase the creativity of our design and engineering teams.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers