The new Golf GTI
VW Mideast sees record growth in H1
Dubai, July 16, 2013
Volkswagen Middle East has posted record growth in deliveries for the first half of 2013 with a 30 per cent increase across regional markets and 35 per cent growth across the AGCC, compared to the same period in 2012.
The results from January to June 2013 reveal continued strong performances for the best-selling Volkswagen Touareg SUV, along with the Tiguan and Passat, which arrived in the region last year. The figures have also indicated a strong start for the iconic seventh generation Volkswagen Golf and Golf GTI both of which arrived in the region this year.
Thomas Milz, managing director, Volkswagen Middle East said: “Despite challenging global market conditions we are experiencing a steady increase in the Middle East and achieving record growth in deliveries for the first half of 2013, is testament to that.
“In addition to our best-selling Touareg and the extremely popular Tiguan and Passat, the addition of the much anticipated seventh generation Golf and Golf GTI to our model line-up has also contributed to this growth. The stunning new Golf GTI offers an even more striking and sportier design, as well as a 10HP increase in power, while the Golf has been completely redesigned, including: the vehicle body, interior, engines, all of the information and entertainment systems, and the numerous new driver assistance systems.
“Together with our regional partners, we are committed to providing our customers with world class products and Service Excellence through strategic investment in technology, facilities and customer service.”
Globally, Volkswagen recorded a 5.5 per cent increase in deliveries from January to June 2013 compared to the same period last year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers