Cadillac UAE sees 30pc rise in June sales
Dubai, July 14, 2013
Sales of Cadillac, General Motors’ luxury brand, rose 30 per cent year-on-year in June in the United Arab Emirates, as dealers there recorded their best June sales month since 2008.
Sales were driven by the Escalade, the full-size luxury SUV, which jumped 67 per cent compared to the same month last year. Sales of the Cadillac SRX, the best-selling model in the Middle East, rose 10 per cent year-on-year.
Cadillac sales jumped 25 per cent in the second quarter of 2013 in the UAE, the brand’s second biggest market in the Middle East. Escalade sales surged 49 percent compared to the same period last year.
“Cadillac performed well in both June and the second quarter in the UAE, driven largely by sales of the Escalade, which is renowned for its power, comfort and style,” said Nadim Ghrayeb, Cadillac regional brand manager for the Middle East.
“With 10 new models planned in the next 3 years in the Middle East, including the XTS and ATS, I am confident that sales will be boosted further both in the UAE and the wider region,” added Ghrayeb.
Sales of the all-new Cadillac ATS, the brand’s entry into the luxury car segment, rose 31 per cent from May. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain