Cadillac UAE sees 30pc rise in June sales
Dubai, July 14, 2013
Sales of Cadillac, General Motors’ luxury brand, rose 30 per cent year-on-year in June in the United Arab Emirates, as dealers there recorded their best June sales month since 2008.
Sales were driven by the Escalade, the full-size luxury SUV, which jumped 67 per cent compared to the same month last year. Sales of the Cadillac SRX, the best-selling model in the Middle East, rose 10 per cent year-on-year.
Cadillac sales jumped 25 per cent in the second quarter of 2013 in the UAE, the brand’s second biggest market in the Middle East. Escalade sales surged 49 percent compared to the same period last year.
“Cadillac performed well in both June and the second quarter in the UAE, driven largely by sales of the Escalade, which is renowned for its power, comfort and style,” said Nadim Ghrayeb, Cadillac regional brand manager for the Middle East.
“With 10 new models planned in the next 3 years in the Middle East, including the XTS and ATS, I am confident that sales will be boosted further both in the UAE and the wider region,” added Ghrayeb.
Sales of the all-new Cadillac ATS, the brand’s entry into the luxury car segment, rose 31 per cent from May. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise