Geely launches 2 luxury cars
Manama, July 8, 2013
Chinese automotive manufacturer Geely has launched two luxury brand cars ‘Emgrand 7’ and ‘GC2’ in Bahrain recently.
The launch, at the Bahrain City Centre, was attended by Suzy Kanoo, president of International Motor Trading Agency (IMTA), the authorised dealers in the kingdom and KN Singh, vice president of IMTA.
The ‘Emgrand 7’ was awarded a four-star rating in the Chinese New Car Assessment Programme (C-NCAP), said a statement.
The exceptional performance of the cars in safety assessments marks the technological progress made by the auto maker and its pursuit to build safer vehicles, it said.
The starting price of the luxury sedan ‘Emgrand 7’ is BD3,899 ($10,342), while the small car GC2 starts at BD3,099 ($8,220).
Another model from the manufacturer, the ‘Emgrand 8’ has achieved a five-star rating, said the statement.
In the C-NCAP safety collision tests, the model outperformed many models of world-famous auto brands, and ranked the sixth among all the 147 models ever tested in C-NCAP safety collision tests, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers