BMW achieves 22pc rise in H1 sales
Dubai, July 7, 2013
BMW Group Middle East has recorded a 22 per cent increase in sales for the first half of 2013, compared to the same period in 2012.
With both BMW and MINI brands going from strength to strength, BMW Group Middle East delivered a record 12,657 vehicles to customers across 13 Middle East markets, a statement said.
The UAE remained the highest volume selling market in the Middle East, accounting for 49 per cent of BMW and MINI regional sales in the first half of the year, followed by Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar. Markets which showed strong individual sales increases included Kuwait which grew 47 per cent, Bahrain 44 per cent, Qatar 27 per cent, Dubai 23 per cent and Jordan 20 per cent, it said.
"BMW Group Middle East is on track for yet another successful record year after confirming record breaking sales figures during the first six months of the year," said Dr Joerg Breuer, managing director, BMW Group Middle East. “Together with our importer partners we have continued to invest in several areas of our business to elevate the customer's brand experience even further.”
The company's impressive first half year numbers demonstrate the continued growth of the region’s premium automotive industry, and also highlight Middle East customers’ appetite for luxury vehicles, the statement said.
The BMW 5 Series took pole position as the company’s bestselling model. Globally, over the last two years, annual sales for the BMW 5 Series – the worlds' best-selling vehicle in the executive saloon segment - increased by 50 per cent and in the Middle East 2,739 cars were sold in the first half, an increase of 8 per cent over the same period in 2012.
Hot off the heels of the sales of the BMW 5 Series is the BMW X5 Sports Activity Vehicle. Since its inception in 1999, the vehicle has achieved phenomenal success with demand currently exceeding vehicle supply. During the first six months 2,276 BMW X5 vehicles were sold.
BMW Group’s flagship 7 Series model continued to lead the luxury sedan segment in the region consistently ranking amongst the group’s best selling cars with 2,200 vehicles delivered in the first half of 2013, marking a 22 per cent increase in sales.
Commenting on BMW Group’s flagship 7 Series model, Dr Breuer said: “The BMW 7 Series continues to be a market leader in the luxury sedan segment across the region. With a combination of luxury, elegance and innovation, the model epitomises everything the luxury sedan segment stands for. The success of the launch of the latest generation BMW 7 Series late last year has continued through into the first six months of this year and we are confident that it will continue to contribute to the future of our Group’s accelerating sales.”
Other models which proved popular with the region's customers were the BMW X6 Sports Activity Coupé and BMW 3 Series. Since the launch of the latest generation of both models in 2012, there has been an increased demand for these vehicles. The BMW 3 Series, the world’s best-selling premium car achieved an unprecedented growth of 87 per cent with the delivery of 1,406 vehicles in the first half of 2013, while the BMW X6 Sports Activity Coupé had 11 per cent growth with 1,369 vehicle sales.
Meanwhile, MINI kicked off the year with the introduction of the seventh model to the brand's portfolio, the all-new MINI Paceman which contributed towards the sale of 773 vehicles sold in the first half of 2013, an 11 per cent sales increase. The most popular model was the MINI Countryman – the first MINI with four doors with four wheel drive option – which accounted for 46 per cent of regional sales. Meanwhile the MINI Hatch, MINI Cabrio and MINI Coupé were also strong contributors to the brand's first half 2013 success, the statement said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners