Renault posts 15pc Mideast growth for Jan-May
Dubai, July 4, 2013
Across the GCC, Renault is the fourth largest European brand in the region with Renault Fluence in the top 20 highest selling C segment cars and Renault Logan in top 10 highest selling cars of the B segment, it said in a statement.
In the United Arab Emirates, Renault achieved a 42 per cent increase, while also winning three positions in the ranking of automotives brand compared to 2012.
In the UAE, Renault also holds close to 10 per cent segment shares in the SUV-S category. Within the SUV-S category, the Duster sustained its top position as the highest selling Generalist European car in the country, and the fifth highest selling car. The Renault Koleos registered +12 per cent increases in sales compared to the same period in 2012.
In Oman, Renault recorded +11 per cent sales growth and confirmed its top position as European brand. The brand takes the top three positions among European cars in the order of Renault Fluence, Duster and Safrane.
In Kuwait, sales grew by 9 per cent compared to same period in 2012 and Renault earned one position in the European Brand ranking.
In Saudi Arabia, Renault has been ranked as the number one European brand and confirmed its best-selling models - Logan, Duster and Fluence - among the top five highest selling European models.
Renault has continued to expand its commitment in the country with the opening of a new showroom in Riyadh, bringing the total number of dealership to nine.
In Iraq, Renault Middle East registered a substantial 183 per cent increase and in the Levant countries, Renault posted a 16 per cent increase driven by exceptional results in Jordan.
At the end of the period ending May, Renault achieved sales of 6,885 units across the Middle East region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer