Hyundai Genesis wins top quality award
Dubai, June 30, 2013
South Korean automaker Hyundai’s sedan Genesis has won the top spot in the midsize premium car sector in the ‘2013 Highest Initial Quality’ survey by leading automotive industry experts J.D. Power and Associates.
Reinforcing Hyundai’s reputation for producing cars of the highest quality, the results placed the Genesis ahead of rivals such as the Audi A6, BMW 5 Series, Jaguar FX and Mercedes E-Class.
The highly respected study, which is in its 27th year, serves as a global benchmark for new-vehicle quality. After a 90 day ownership period, Genesis owners reported fewer problems than owners of any other car in the sector. J.D Power and Associates is a prominent American-based marketing information services organisation that conducts research into customer satisfaction in a range of markets, in particular the automotive industry.
Tom Lee, vice president and head of Hyundai Middle East HQ, said: “These results could not highlight more clearly the strength of Hyundai’s offering in the midsize premium car sector. By finishing ahead of its competitors from established luxury car manufacturers, the Genesis has further highlighted Hyundai’s commitment to produce high quality products in line with our Modern Premium brand direction.”
The Genesis sedan is part of Hyundai’s premium car line up in the Middle East, which also includes the Genesis Coupe and the company’s flagship model, the Centennial.
The Genesis features a stylish modern design, with its sleek lines complemented by LED lighting accents and dual asymmetrical exhausts tips integrated into the rear bumper. The interior includes all the features expected in a premium car, including leather seating, cooled driver’s seat, and premium cut-pile carpeting all coming as standard.
Middle East customers have the option of two engines a 3.8L V6 engine producing 290 hp, and the most recent addition, a 3.8-liter unit that features direct injection (GDI) technology and produces 338hp and maximum torque of 40.3kg.m at 5,100rpm.
The Genesis offers Hyundai’s Driver Information System (DIS), which is available in selected countries across the region. The new display provides a more intuitive user interface, with an integrated joystick-type function.
It is also available with a rear view camera, which projects images on the 8-inch screen, smart cruise control and an electronic parking brake with automatic vehicle hold. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers