UAE dealer receives the new Golf GTI
Dubai, June 30, 2013
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the exclusive dealer for Volkswagen in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, has received the first shipment of the new seventh generation Golf GTI, the original performance hatchback.
This makes the dealership the first in the region to offer the iconic new model, a statement said.
To mark the occasion, Al Nabooda Automobiles recently hosted an exclusive event at its Volkswagen Showroom to do the official handover of the vehicles to the first 30 Golf GTI customers.
The dealership presented the new owners with their car key along with an exclusive Golf GTI watch, as well as an official certificate and a personalised number plate.
Thierry Seys, Volkswagen general manager, Al Nabooda Automobiles, said: “The Golf GTI has been one of the most eagerly anticipated models this year and since we are the first dealership to deliver it to customers, we wanted to mark the occasion. ‘Often copied. Never equaled’ perfectly describes the Golf GTI. Despite competitors trying hard to match the credentials of the model, the Golf GTI still remains the original performance hatchback.
“It is important that we build personal relationships with our clients in order to understand their needs and thank them for their loyalty to Volkswagen and Al Nabooda Automobiles.”
Powered by a turbocharged petrol direct-injection engine (TSI) with 162 kW / 220 PS - the standard GTI accelerates to 100 km/h in 6.5 seconds and reaches a top speed of 244 km/h.
The sporty DNA of the Golf GTI is suitably reflected in its traditional red-painted brake calipers, two chrome tailpipes and sport suspension. The exterior is complemented with 18-inch “Brooklyn” GTI wheels, special side sills, a diffuser and smoked LED rear lights.
Visual highlights in the interior are sport seats in tartan pattern or black leather, a black roofliner and red ambience lighting. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners