Regional auto imports from Brazil top $5m
Dubai, June 25, 2013
Brazil exported $5.2 million worth of auto parts to the Arab world in 2012, with shipments to the UAE amounting to $699,000, said the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil).
The agency recently gathered leading Brazilian automotive companies and Arab investors to discuss new investment opportunities in the automotive sector during the recently concluded Brazilian Autoparts Manufacturers Event at the Capital Club in Dubai.
The UAE has also been an important gateway to local aftermarkets across the Mena region, a very important destination for Brazilian auto parts shipment, which globally was estimated to be worth $10.47 billion in 2012.
Other key markets in the Mena region include Egypt, which imported over $3 million worth of auto parts from Brazil in 2012, Tunisia, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia among others.
Sidney Alves Costa, director general of the Apex Business Centre in the Middle East, said: “Brazilian auto parts are exported to around 186 countries and this clearly validates the important role of Brazilian manufacturers in the global trade of auto parts.
“The Mena region has accounted for a huge percentage of Brazilian auto parts exports and Apex-Brasil is therefore taking proactive efforts to further stimulate new growth opportunities in the region.
“The UAE, in particular, has been a key market for Brazil in the Mena region and will certainly play a major role in further expanding trade activities between Brazil and the Arab world,” he added.
“The Brazilian Autoparts Manufacturers Event organized by Apex-Brasil in Dubai was part of our ongoing thrust to build on the important gains that Brazilian manufacturers have achieved in the region. The enthusiastic response that we received from all key stakeholders and participants of the event clearly points to a very positive growth outlook for Brazilian auto parts suppliers in the Arab world,” Costa concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners