New VW Golf to arrive in Mideast
Dubai, June 24, 2013
The seventh generation of Volkswagen Golf GTI is set to arrive at dealers across the Middle East soon.
The compact sports car is powered by a turbocharged petrol, direct-injection engine (TSI) with 162 kW / 220 HP coming as standard and accelerates to 100 km/h in 6.5 seconds, reaching a top speed of 244 km/h, said a statement.
The 6-speed DSG automatic gearbox helps to reach DIN fuel consumption value of 6.01/100 km; meaning that the new Golf GTI offers an 18 per cent improvement in fuel economy compared to the previous model, it said.
Thomas Milz, managing director, said: “The new Golf GTI is sportier than ever and has been one of the most eagerly anticipated new models for 2013. The model has long been a favourite among automotive enthusiasts across the region and last year accounted for 60 per cent of all Golf model sales”.
The internal engine modifications were made, including a new thermal management system which contributes towards an 18 per cent improvement in fuel economy in the 2.0-litre TSI.
The production colours are red, black and white, as it has been typical for the Golf GTI since its early days. It also features the standard, fuel-efficient newly designed 18-inch “Austin” alloy wheels, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service