New Peugeot 301 launched in Mideast
Dubai, June 24, 2013
Middle-East Automobiles Peugeot, in partnership with UAE dealers Swaidan Trading and Omeir Bin Youssef & Sons, has unveiled the new Peugeot 301 at a launch event in Dubai.
Guests were treated to an elegant reception and a spectacular light show at The Address Montgomerie Dubai before a vessel bearing the new model made a dramatic appearance on the lake.
Four 301s, representing different specifications and colours in the range, then drew up alongside the gathering so that guests could view the 1.6l VTi 115hp cars and book a test drive.
“The new 301 heralds an exciting new direction for Peugeot and marks the brand’s strategic return to the sedan segment,” said Marc Bocque, head of Peugeot International Communications & External Relations.
“The 301 is set to take the family category by storm with its elegant, robust design, spaciousness and tremendous value. It has been specifically designed to conquer the four corners of the globe, significantly increasing Peugeot’s offering in the region as well as internationally.”
The four-door family vehicle has been developed for markets where driving conditions can be difficult. The car’s suspension has been finely tuned to handle challenging road terrain, while features such as the electronic air conditioning make the car ideal for the hot Middle-Eastern climate. The engine’s design saves space to offer record legroom space and boot volume.
The new Peugeot features a wide range of safety equipment: emergency ESP; ABS; braking assistance; up to four airbags; and ISOFIX. Other modern features include an MP3 audio system, remote boot opening, and rear parking assistance.
Also in keeping with Peugeot’s best quality criteria, the engine has been refined and a milestone in CO2 performance has been achieved. The car also features impressive connectivity, such as Bluetooth hands-free kit and USB port.
“The sedan car category witnesses a significant volume of sales in the Middle-East and the 301 is a wonderful opportunity for Peugeot to increase its regional presence,” said Jamal Sahl, head of Peugeot Middle-East Regional Office.
“Judging by the number of enquiries we have already received, we are anticipating a tremendous response to the launch and availability of the 301.”
The top of the range Peugeot 301 Allure is now available in Peugeot showrooms across the region, along with three other models in the 301 range, according to a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service