Merc-Benz launches new model
Kuwait, June 24, 2013
Mercedes-Benz has launched its seven-seater GL SUV in Kuwait, which boasts of a 5.5 litre V8 biturbo engine and a dynamic and elegant interior.
The GL 63 AMG combines speed with technologies, comfort, and design with an extensive range of standard equipment, said a statement from AR Albisher and Z Alkazemi Company, the exclusive distributor for Mercedez-Benz in Kuwait.
The model blasts from 0 to 100 km/hr in just 4.9 seconds, hitting a top speed of 250 km/hr. The AMG Ride Control sports suspension with active curve system roll stabilisation provides high-level driving dynamics and comfort, said the statement.
“The GL 63 AMG is not an intimidating ride, it is a thrilling ride, especially if the driver is a lover of challenging off-road adventures. It is certainly unlike anything else available in Kuwait, or the world. Mercedes-Benz and AMG have produced the ultimate SUV on the road today,” said general manager Michael Ruehle.
The SUV boasts of optimum ergonomics with a generous amount of space accentuated by a panoramic glass roof, he said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year