VW names Mideast eco contest winner
Dubai, June 20, 2013
Volkswagen Middle East has named Naimesh Vijaysingh Sejpal, an Indian expat in Abu Dhabi, as the official Middle East winner of the ‘Think Blue. World Championship’, following a thrilling live finale in Dubai.
As part of an international campaign, Volkswagen invited its regional Facebook followers to post details about their contribution towards sustaining the environment in their daily life.
The final, held at Media Rotana Hotel required each of the 10 chosen participants to undertake two driving sessions in a Volkswagen Touareg, in order to measure their technique and fuel efficient driving skills.
The participants drove on Dubai roads and were monitored with data recorders in each car measuring fuel consumption, CO2 emissions, acceleration rate and the number of times brakes were applied.
Following the first driving stage, Volkswagen provided a training session to heighten the driver’s awareness of more efficient driving practices.
Naimesh will now travel to Germany in September to compete for the title of 'world champion', said a statement.
At the finals in Germany, the driver who completes the competition with the lowest fuel consumption and also demonstrates the strongest knowledge of environmental protection and sustainability will become the world champion. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise