VW names Mideast eco contest winner
Dubai, June 20, 2013
Volkswagen Middle East has named Naimesh Vijaysingh Sejpal, an Indian expat in Abu Dhabi, as the official Middle East winner of the ‘Think Blue. World Championship’, following a thrilling live finale in Dubai.
As part of an international campaign, Volkswagen invited its regional Facebook followers to post details about their contribution towards sustaining the environment in their daily life.
The final, held at Media Rotana Hotel required each of the 10 chosen participants to undertake two driving sessions in a Volkswagen Touareg, in order to measure their technique and fuel efficient driving skills.
The participants drove on Dubai roads and were monitored with data recorders in each car measuring fuel consumption, CO2 emissions, acceleration rate and the number of times brakes were applied.
Following the first driving stage, Volkswagen provided a training session to heighten the driver’s awareness of more efficient driving practices.
Naimesh will now travel to Germany in September to compete for the title of 'world champion', said a statement.
At the finals in Germany, the driver who completes the competition with the lowest fuel consumption and also demonstrates the strongest knowledge of environmental protection and sustainability will become the world champion. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners