Tyre safety awareness campaign held
Dubai, June 17, 2013
Arabian Automobiles, the exclusive distributor of Nissan, Infiniti and Renault in Dubai and Northern Emirates, conducted the Tyre Safety Awareness Programme in coordination with Dubai Taxi Corporation (DTC).
Over 100 drivers and technicians of the DTC attended and were given a ‘Tyre Art’ with a safety message, said a statement.
The three-day programme, held at the DTC premises was aimed at promoting safety awareness among taxi drivers. They were trained on tyre maintenance and how to identify potential issues.
The technical aspects pertaining to visual inspection, specifications, regulation, repairs and safety tips were all included, it said.
MK Rajkumar, the director of After Sales, said: “Tyre is most critical and only component which is in contact with road during vehicle movement and bears the brunt of heat and impact at all times.
“We must not ignore the dangers and risks arising out of poor maintenance of tyres. Hence regular check and maintenance is important. We express our gratitude to DTC for joining hands in support to spreading awareness of tyre safety and responsible driving issues”.
A tyre check was performed on over 100 vehicles of different brands by Arabian Automobiles’ technicians using a comprehensive tyre check sheet, based on which suitable recommendations were given on maintenance and replacements of tyres, he added.
Dubai Taxi Corporation transports 5 million passengers in a year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners