Tyre safety awareness campaign held
Dubai, June 17, 2013
Arabian Automobiles, the exclusive distributor of Nissan, Infiniti and Renault in Dubai and Northern Emirates, conducted the Tyre Safety Awareness Programme in coordination with Dubai Taxi Corporation (DTC).
Over 100 drivers and technicians of the DTC attended and were given a ‘Tyre Art’ with a safety message, said a statement.
The three-day programme, held at the DTC premises was aimed at promoting safety awareness among taxi drivers. They were trained on tyre maintenance and how to identify potential issues.
The technical aspects pertaining to visual inspection, specifications, regulation, repairs and safety tips were all included, it said.
MK Rajkumar, the director of After Sales, said: “Tyre is most critical and only component which is in contact with road during vehicle movement and bears the brunt of heat and impact at all times.
“We must not ignore the dangers and risks arising out of poor maintenance of tyres. Hence regular check and maintenance is important. We express our gratitude to DTC for joining hands in support to spreading awareness of tyre safety and responsible driving issues”.
A tyre check was performed on over 100 vehicles of different brands by Arabian Automobiles’ technicians using a comprehensive tyre check sheet, based on which suitable recommendations were given on maintenance and replacements of tyres, he added.
Dubai Taxi Corporation transports 5 million passengers in a year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid