Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
Milwaukee, June 16, 2013
Harley-Davidson has launched the softail model, the 2013 Breakout, which boasts of distinctive finishes and specific components.
The long and low-slung bike, features a 240 mm rear tire visually balanced with thick forks and chopped fenders, while a shaved tank console and a drag handlebar keep the profile low. A Twin Cam 103 powertrain and other components are trimmed in gleaming chrome and gloss-black paint, said a statement.
“With Breakout we got down to motorcycle essentials, which means emphasizing the powertrain and the wheels,” said Harley-Davidson styling manager Kirk Rasmussen.
“The black and chrome engine visually pops out of the center the bike, and then to maximize the impact of the tires, the fenders are chopped . We wanted a lot of rubber showing to give the Breakout a tough, muscular look,” he said.
The Gasserwheels are new and specific to the Breakout, said Rasmussen. A gloss-black finish is also applied to the new cast aluminum oil tank, as well as fork lowers, brake rotors, muffler shields and the handlebar.
"The bike mimics the clean lines of a vintage hardtail frame, but utilizes rear suspension control provided by coil-over shock absorbers mounted horizontally and out of sight within the frame rails. The Breakout is fitted with ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and the Harley-Davidson factory-installed security system," he added. - TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Harley-Davidson |
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers