McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
Manama, June 13, 2013
McLaren Automotive has teamed up with Xbox to offer the passenger seat of the McLaren P1 at the 2013 Festival of Speed, a motor sport and car culture event.
The winner of the competition, offered through a collaboration with Turn 10 Studios, will be given the chance to experience a ride of a lifetime on the famous Goodwood Hill course, and be part of the McLaren 50th anniversary celebrations as a passenger in the McLaren P1, said a statement.
This follows the recent announcement of the Xbox One console, which saw the reveal of the McLaren P1 as the cover star for the forthcoming Forza Motorsport 5, at E3, the annual video game conference and show held in Los Angeles earlier this week, it said.
Greg Levine, sales and marketing director, McLaren Automotive, said: "This is an exciting time for both McLaren and Microsoft, with both brands launching true game-changers on to the market in the shape of the McLaren P1 and Forza Motorsport 5 on the Xbox One."
The McLaren P1 is currently in the final development stages, and will be a rare sight with only 375 examples being built.
To take part in the competition, visit www.ForzaMcLarenRide.com. It closes on July 1 and the dream ride will happen on July 12. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise