McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
Manama, June 13, 2013
McLaren Automotive has teamed up with Xbox to offer the passenger seat of the McLaren P1 at the 2013 Festival of Speed, a motor sport and car culture event.
The winner of the competition, offered through a collaboration with Turn 10 Studios, will be given the chance to experience a ride of a lifetime on the famous Goodwood Hill course, and be part of the McLaren 50th anniversary celebrations as a passenger in the McLaren P1, said a statement.
This follows the recent announcement of the Xbox One console, which saw the reveal of the McLaren P1 as the cover star for the forthcoming Forza Motorsport 5, at E3, the annual video game conference and show held in Los Angeles earlier this week, it said.
Greg Levine, sales and marketing director, McLaren Automotive, said: "This is an exciting time for both McLaren and Microsoft, with both brands launching true game-changers on to the market in the shape of the McLaren P1 and Forza Motorsport 5 on the Xbox One."
The McLaren P1 is currently in the final development stages, and will be a rare sight with only 375 examples being built.
To take part in the competition, visit www.ForzaMcLarenRide.com. It closes on July 1 and the dream ride will happen on July 12. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer