Aston Martin Dubai launches Rapide S
Dubai, June 11, 2013
Aston Martin Dubai has launched the new Rapide S, a four-door sports car that offers more luxury and power.
The launch event, which took place at its showroom, was attended by prominent figures from the UAE. It was themed in a unique Art Gallery style showing hundred years of Aston Martin’s legacy.
Tim Trenker, general manager, Aston Martin UAE, said: “We are delighted to announce the launch of the Rapid S in the UAE. With its unique positioning and striking appeal, it certainly stands out as the most stylish four-door sports car in the market today.”
Aside from the extensive design and engineering improvements, the new Rapide S, which replaces the outgoing Rapide in markets worldwide, is more refined as a result of a range of additions to the four-seater's interior.
Changes under the new Rapide, includes a new version of the AM11 naturally aspirated 6.0-litre, V12 power plant delivering improved in-gear acceleration.
Power from the new engine is up by 17 per cent or a massive 80bhp from 470bhp at 6,000rpm to a now very substantial 550bhp at 6,750rpm. Peak torque increases, too, up from 600Nm to 620Nm at 5,000 rpm. Meanwhile an even more marked improvement in torque occurs lower down the rev range, as pulling power rises by more than 40Nm between idle and 4,000 rpm with an additional 50Nm available at 2,500 rpm.
The new Aston Martin Rapide S will be available to order through the Aston Martin UAE showroom in Downtown Dubai.
Aston Martin Dubai plans to open a service centre, with over 20 service bays as well as a full parts department and customer service call centres, in Al Quoz, Dubai, just off Sheikh Zayed Road. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi